President Obama has promised to save cetain Americans (FHA Loans), $900 a year on their mortgages. He's going to reduce the required down payment to 3% of the total mortgage. When mortgages weren't going under the requirement was a 20% down payment. When we went into a housing bust the rate was 5%, all of course in an effort to get people to buy homes. The fact is, based on history, it won't save someone $900 a year it will put them in further debt by $900 a year. I don't think it's right or just to help someone get a home only to have them shamelessly removed from it. Does it really matter to Obama or other Democrats? Is it just about politics to once again give things away for "free" to pander for votes? You decide.
I'm amazed when I think about the sacrifices parents make physically, mentally, and financially for their children. Maggie and I don't have children so we've never been pushed to the brink before in so many critical areas of life. So my message is thanks so much for shining your light by showing a level of unselfishness that is beyond my imagination.
I've heard so many people say to me the Presidential Election doesn't matter because whoever gets in office won't be able to do anything. In my opinion this is totally not true.
With the Republican Party now having the majority in both the House and Senate there wouldn't be concerns about vetoes as there are with a Democrat in office. As it is now it doesn't matter what legislation republicans pass because Obama can veto it and they don't have 2/3rd majority to overturn his vetoes. Basically having a majority in the House and Senate doesn't matter too much.
But here's the huge thing and that is the use of Executive Actions/Powers. President Obama has issued 202 of these (as of this post) so the President can make things happen by bypassing the Legislature. Keep in mind the people in the House and Senate are supposed to be representing their constituents so when a President does this he's basically not letting our opinions matter. I don't believe in Actions and Orders being used the way they are as it goes against what our Forefathers put together in creating a balance of powers in the Federal Government. One thing I promise you and that is Democrats will do everything they can to limit the authority of Executive Orders even though they've loved using it over the last seven years.
The bottom line is your vote does matter in the upcoming Presidential Election. Things have changed in many ways because of these powers and in a partisan world it is a huge advantage. Please not only get out to vote but drag as many voters with you (as long as they're republicans). Help them understand that our choice for President can make or break our country and the philosohy and values we believe in.
I write this because I’m getting so tired of the Obama Administration, Hillary Clinton, and liberals in general, trashing Fox News. A few things to think about that negate what these libs are saying.
1) Fox News is biased. Well they are I’d imagine but aren’t all the cable news networks biased? Why do libs have a double standard when it comes to Fox News?
2) Fox News’ female anchors are just there for looks. Wow, they don’t have a clue. All female personalities at Fox have outstanding resumes including at least three federal prosecutors; anyone can go to Wiki and verify what I’m saying. They’re not bimbos which is really a sexist statement to make in the first place. I could go on.
3) All the people who are brought in for Fox News are conservatives. Not true. Two of Fox’s best programs are: “Outnumbered” and “The Five.” Both have liberal representation. Bill O’Reilly and Megan Kelly will rip into people from both parties and both of them have huge TV ratings.
4) Fox doesn’t provide actual news. Actually Fox by far provides more news content at 57% of their programming. MSNBC only provides 32% news; most of their production time is spent on celebrity segments (i.e. Rachel Maddow, Chris Matthews, etc.).Their viewers get extreme liberal talking points.
5) Fox News goes after the President. No, they ask legitimate questions and they haven’t been sued for liable or slander by the Obama Administration so just exactly what are these liberals saying? Even with this in mind they tried to get Fox News kicked out of the White House Press Corp. The truth is, it's vice-versa as it’s the Obama Administration who goes after Fox News. It didn’t work as other news organizations backed Fox up and shot down any attempts to get them removed. They knew if the Administration could do it to Fox News then they could do it to any news organizations who they don’t agree with. Sounds more like a dictatorship. Scary.
Regardless of what some liberal politicians are saying their solution to gun control won’t work it’s just a means of playing to their base. Here’s why:
1. Most murders are committed by people who use unregistered hand guns. It would be stupid for them to register a gun then commit murder with it; I don’t have a clue why some liberals think they would.
2. The Federal Government has no authority according to the 2nd Amendment, to remove guns from registered gun owners so this idea isn’t going to happen.
3. Very seldom is a murder committed through using an assault rifle so why the rush to abolish them? Personally I don’t care if we stopped selling them I just know that unless there is a Constitutional Amendment defining what a legal weapon should be, nothing will change and I accept this.
4. Creating a database that tracks people with mental illness is one of the most ridiculous things I’ve heard from liberals. The law of right to privacy prevents this. There are millions of people with mental illness in our country and if they know their name will be entered into a database they wouldn’t solicit help which means more murders not less.
Many more issues but I’ll leave it at this. There are no easy, legal, ways to fix what is considered by many people to be a problem. What liberals are throwing out is some of the worst ideas I’ve ever heard; I know their hearts are in the right place but be realistic and quit using this topic for political gain; instead move forward with some real issues that something can be done about…we have plenty of them.
Author: John Mann