Democrats think for some reason that government is the best solution, but they've done nothing beyond subsidize healthcare costs. Making us throw more money at the problem isn't a solution. Plus, they haven't made us healthier.
Some people might not want to hear this (like me), but here are areas that would truly make a difference for everyone, and it is doable because as individuals we make the choices regarding our lifestyles. Here you go:
1) The main reason why our healthcare costs are so much higher than almost every other country, is due to the variety of medical complications that present themselves when someone is obese. We've become a very large nation. Blatantly clear when travelling to other countries that's for sure. There's no greater cause of death or medical expenses for various treatments, than heart disease; cancer ranks 2nd. So, in this case, we are accountable and responsible for our choices. Blaming the healthcare industry on rising medical insurance costs isn't fair. Pointing our fingers at someone else being the problem, began all the way back to Adam and Eve when Adam tried to throw Eve under the bus for giving him the apple. 😁
2) Most doctors try to be thorough to avoid lawsuits, so they order a lot of tests. Test that aren't available in most parts of the world because we are the innovators when it comes to practically everything medical. That's right, forget about what Dems say about our medical system, it isn't perfect, but comparatively speaking, it's beyond awesome. And if a scan is "free," because your medical provider covers the procedure, more than likely you'll agree to it. But believe me, people who don't have the best of insurance, turn down "further tests," all the time and in a very large majority of cases, the tests don't provide much help, beyond saying, you're okay. Peace of mind can be costly.
3) I find it funny that Dems attack the rising costs of medical in our country, while they're the ones who increased medical supplies' taxes and they're increasing corporate taxes, all of which jacks up our costs for medical insurance. I can't believe there are some people who believe the federal government can do a better job of running healthcare for us than focusing on improving the private sector. Truly, it's insane. They should have their voting privileges revoked. 😁
4) You knew it was coming, can we talk here about smoking? :) We all know it's not good for us. Before they had warning labels on cigarettes, I knew it wasn't healthy because my dad would just about pass out sometimes from coughing fits from smoking his Marlboro's. I think he quit cold turkey about 15 years before he died. Lungs can improve, my dad's sure did, as they are an organ, so if someone quits smoking it's not like he or she has a death warrant. There's no doubt it can increase your lifespan if you quit. The way things are going now, I'm not sure I want an extended life. If Dems get away with their Build Back Better dreams, I'll take up smoking four packs a day to speed up my journey to the Pearly Gates. The great news is that research shows, 49% of angels are ex-republicans, 49% are independents, and 2% will have come from the Democratic Party. Something to look forward to. Just kidding of course. 😁
5) Next on my list, is the numerous doctor visits we have in our country compared to any other country. We have access to doctors and facilities unlike any other place in the world. If you've travelled to another country, you know that it's a bit scary because it's hard to find a doctor anywhere.
When Maggie and I travelled to Rome, I found they had a total of 75 clinics and hospitals to cover 2.7 million people. Each facility basically serves around 330,000 people. We have more medical facilities in Charlotte, NC with a population of around 900,000. There's actually way more than this because I could travel about 20 minutes outside of Charlotte and there are medical facilities galore. Are you ready for this? Our medical facilities serve around 10,000 people! It's not even close. Democrats don't like to share the negatives to healthcare in other countries, they just attack ours and tell us to send them more money to fix the problem. Is it ever fixed? No. Just good money after bad again and again.
The bottom line is that since medical assistance is readily available, we use it. It's not like this almost anywhere else, so of course the overall medical costs in our country would be much higher than others; democrats are leaving this information out of their communications to their constituents. From what I can tell, they don't think people in their districts are very smart.
Let me give you an example of how liberals blatantly lie about our healthcare industry. What they're saying is just like making a claim that cars in the U.S. cost more than other countries, so let's tax them into submission to get their costs down. That's crazy talk! Of course we pay more for vehicles because we have more discretionary spending. We can afford to buy all the added features, so we do it.
The fact is, the healthcare plans in our country are premium compared to almost every other country, so of course we pay more. Dems don't want us to have this understanding. They use our lack of knowledge against us so they can manufacture problems and then tax us to give them money to solve them. Do you want to hear something really scary? There are people in the U.S. who still believe them even though every single year they let us down. By its very definition, these people are insane.
What is wrong with us? We need to thin the herd. We have the power to replace all incumbents, which is what we'd have to do, because legislators on both sides, spend a lot of time behind the scenes ensuring that Term Limit legislation never goes to the House floor for a vote. Think about that. Most studies show that over 80% of Americans are in favor of a constitutional amendment to establish limits and yet they won't vote on it because of the ramifications to their livelihoods, not ours. Why might this be? Reminds me of a little mathematical formula I learned in Algebra (A + B = C). In this case, Influence + Power = Wealth. A formula that's been around since the beginning of mankind.
We need some serious reconstruction of our Legislative Branch because it's not working. We wouldn't miss a beat, clearing out the House and Senate and starting over. Even if it took a year to straighten it all out, it's not like we'd be missing out on anything. As a matter of fact, we'd be better off if they did nothing at all. Can I get an amen?!