1. The elbow is the strongest point on your body. If you are close enough to use it, do.
2. If a robber asks for your wallet and/or purse, do not hand it to them. Instead, toss it away from you as chances are that he is more interested in your wallet and/or purse than you, and he will go for the wallet/purse allowing you a chance to start screaming and run away.
3. If you are ever thrown into the trunk of a car, kick out the back tail lights and stick your arm out the hole and start waving like crazy because the driver won't see you, but everybody else will. This has saved lives.
4. Women have the tendency to get into their cars after shopping, eating, working, etc., and just sit to call or text. Don’t do this as the predator will be watching you, and this is the perfect opportunity for him to get in on the passenger side and put a gun to your head and have you drive to an isolated location. As soon as you get into your car lock the doors and leave the parking lot.
If someone is in the car with a gun to your head do not drive off instead gun the engine and speed into anything, wrecking the car. Your air bag will save you. If the person is in the back seat they will get the worst of it. As soon as the car crashes bail out and run. It’s better than having them find your body in a remote location.
5. A few notes about getting into your car in a parking lot, or parking garage: First, be aware, look around you, investigate your car, at the passenger side floor, and in the back seat. If you are parked next to a big van, enter your car from the passenger door. Most serial killers attack their victims by pulling them into their vans while the women are attempting to get into their cars. Look at the car parked on the driver's side of your vehicle, and the passenger side. If a male is sitting alone in the seat nearest your car, you may want to walk back into where you came from and get someone to walk with you to your vehicle. I’d definitely be willing to help someone like this. Don’t be embarrassed as it is always better to play it safe than to be sorry.
6. Always take the elevator instead of the stairs. Stairwells are horrible places to be alone and the perfect crime spot. This is especially true at night.
7. If the predator has a gun and you are not under his control, it’s much better to take off and run in a zig zag pattern. Only 4% of the time do predators hit their mark and even then, it most likely won’t be a vital organ. Once again, you’re better taking this risk than getting in the clutches of a predator.
8. Let’s face it, most women are sympathetic, but it could lead to being raped and/or killed. Ted Bundy, the serial killer, was a good-looking, well-educated man, who always played on the sympathies of unsuspecting women. He walked with a cane, or a limp, and often asked 'for help' into his vehicle or with his vehicle, which is when he abducted his next victim.
9. There is a new technique being used by predators where they will place a crying baby (fake of course) on the porch and wait to see if someone will come out to investigate. Usually the predator already knows who lives there so he’s targeting an unsuspecting female. Do not open the door, instead call 911.
10. Another technique predators are using, is they open all your outside water taps hoping you’ll hear the water running and go outside to investigate. If you are a single woman, please don’t open the door and instead call a neighbor or even the police (don’t worry about seeming paranoid as we’re talking about your life here).
There are other things as well like making sure you have your keys out before approaching your car and waiting to unlock it until you’re close to your vehicle, so no one can slide into the passenger door on the opposite side of your car without you realizing it. So please keep all these things in mind. Once again don’t worry about seeming paranoid because we’re talking about your life.