1) The producers of Seinfeld had to warn viewing audiences to limit their applause when Kramer entered the room because it was going on too long and disrupted the show.
2) Ed "Too Tall," Jones was 6'9" tall and played for the Dallas Cowboys for 15 seasons. When he retired he tried professional boxing but he lasted less than a year.
3) The name "Submarine Sandwich," came from a local restaurant owner who constantly received hundreds of sandwich orders during WWII, from the submarine base in Connecticut. I happened to be stationed there for one of my submarine schools.
4) The director/producer Tim Burton, who is behind so many dark and creative movies such as Beetlejuice, Edward Scissor Hands, The Nightmare Before Christmas, Sleepy Hollow, etc., actually got his big break producing one of the Batman movies starring Michael Keaton. Keaton had the lead role in his film Beetlejuice.
5) Although it of course didn't have the same name, Japan had a Cy Young Award nine years before MLB decided to adopt it.
6) If you've ever seen a science experiment where a potato can produce energy and light a bulb, the potato can actually produce even more energy if boiled but most science teachers don't want to go through the hassle since seeing a bulb light up gets their point across.